Get a healthy glow with our GUILT FREE CHOCOLATE TORTE (well for a chocolate torte this is as good as it gets!) Clean Supper Club
Guilt Free Chocolate Torte (well for a chocolate torte its as good as it gets!)
When a friend asks 'can you bring a dessert?' it's always a difficult choice, do we take one of our delicious raw cheesecakes or this divine chocolate superfood loaded torte. It's tricky as they are both a popular choice. They are brilliant because we don't have to skip dessert and the other guests have no idea how many health benefits there are to these scrumptious desserts! In fact they've no idea they are healthy at all - truly satisfying.
Our Guilt free Chocolate torte is filled with super ingredients, sometimes we don’t know whether to eat it or use it as a face mask! The joy of a raw nut pastry base and cacao filled centre is that the torte remains crammed full of fabulous nutrients.
Flan case -depending on the depth of the dish this recipe will fill a 20 to 23cm dish. Food mixer Food processor Whisk by hand, electric or Food mixer Cling film
No bake base 300g almonds or nut mix – split equally between Brazil, almond, cashew nuts. 80g /one cup desiccated coconut 1 cup of dates stoned (soaked if they are slightly dry) 3 heaped tbsp. of coconut oil gently melted
Chocolate Filling 3 eggs 3 tbsp. of rice malt syrup 3 tbsp. of coconut oil gently melted 100g of raw cacao powder 1 tsp. of raw vanilla powder 1 tsp. of lucuma powder (optional)
Method 1. Line the flan dish with cling film or coconut oil (we find cling film easier, particularly if its not a loose bottom dish)
2. In the food processor put all the nuts and blitz until they make a crumble like crumb texture. Add desiccated coconut and pulse a few times.
3. Add dates, pour in coconut oil and then blitz until they are all blended in.
4. Base mix is ready when you can grab a handful, squeeze it in your fist and it stays firmly bound together.
5. Then tip half of the mix into the flan dish, start to firmly press the mix down, to about 0.5cm thick. Do the same with the remaining mix so that it reaches the top edge of the dish.
6. Place the base into the fridge until the filling is ready.
7. For the filling crack all three eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy colour. We use a food mixer or electric hand held whisk.
8. Melt the coconut oil gently in a medium pan.
9. Once the oil is melted add the rice malt syrup and sieve in the vanilla, lucuma (if using) and cacao powder.
10. Stir together then, tip into bowl with the eggs and whisk until completely blended together.
11. Then remove base from fridge; pour mix into base, using a spatula make sure you remove all the delicious mix from the bowl. The top of the torte should be flat.
12. Carefully place the torte into the fridge. Leave until set.
To serve We love to serve this torte with fresh mint leaves and berries
Raw Cacao Powder Cacao is chocolate in its pure pre roasted form. Fabulous for balancing hormones, mood-boosting and creating glowing skin. Cacao is full of magnesium, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Chocolate just became GUILT FREE!
Coconut oil Coconut oil is high in healthy fats that help lower the risk of heart disease and help weight management. It has natural antibiotic properties. Use virgin cold pressed coconut oil as its not been chemically treated. Coconut oil is heat stable so great for cooking & baking with.
Nuts Nuts are fabulous! Full of anti-oxidants that help fight inflammation, cell and tissue damage. They are full of nutrients, fibre, healthy fats, vitamins and are mineral rich which help to lower cholesterol and benefit our muscles and joints too. Cashews are great for bone strength, Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, Brazil nuts have exceptionally high levels of selenium – great for glowing skin!
We hope you enjoy this delicious torte as much as we do! Cheers for now Claire & Sarah Clean Supper Club
If you'd like to see more healthy dessert recipes go visit our recipe pages, follow us on social media and sign up to our news letter.